17 sentenced to life imprisonment in Bihar
Nawada: Seventeen people were sentenced to life imprisonment on Friday in a seven year old case of attack and torching homes of the weaker section for not voting for an influential candidate in Bihar`s Nawada district.
Convicting the 17, Additional District and Sessions judge Baidyanath also fined them Rs 5,000 each or six months additional imprisonment.
Angry over denial of vote in the panchayat election in 2006, a group of people in Siswa village of the district had attacked the homes of weaker section and set them on fire.
A total of 24 people were accused in the case of whom two died in the course of the trial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH