19 children dead due to mysterious fever in Bihar
Gaya/Muzaffarpur (Bihar): Around 19 children have died and 16 others were undergoing treatment in hospitals due to outbreak of a mysterious fever in Bihar`s Gaya and Muzaffarpur districts in the past fortnight, official sources said on Monday.
Eight children have died in the ANMCH hospital in Gaya and six others were hospitalised, ANMCH Superintendent Dr Sitaram Prasad said.
In Muzaffurpur district, 10 children have died due to mysterious fever and eight others were undergoing treatment at Kejriwal Hospital since the past fortnight, its director B B Giri said.
One child died in the SKMCH in Muzaffarpur, while two others were admitted with symptoms of the fever at the hospital, the sources said.
The two districts had witnessed outbreak of the mysterious fever last year too in which over 100 children had died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars