19 children dead due to mysterious fever in Bihar
Gaya/Muzaffarpur (Bihar): Around 19 children have died and 16 others were undergoing treatment in hospitals due to outbreak of a mysterious fever in Bihar`s Gaya and Muzaffarpur districts in the past fortnight, official sources said on Monday.
Eight children have died in the ANMCH hospital in Gaya and six others were hospitalised, ANMCH Superintendent Dr Sitaram Prasad said.
In Muzaffurpur district, 10 children have died due to mysterious fever and eight others were undergoing treatment at Kejriwal Hospital since the past fortnight, its director B B Giri said.
One child died in the SKMCH in Muzaffarpur, while two others were admitted with symptoms of the fever at the hospital, the sources said.
The two districts had witnessed outbreak of the mysterious fever last year too in which over 100 children had died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her