2 CRPF personnel killed, 7 injured in landmine blast
Aurangabad: Two CRPF personnel were killed and seven other security officials injured when they were defusing a landmine planted by Maoists in Bihar`s Aurangabad district on Monday.
The incident took place ahead of the April 10 Lok Sabha polls in the Maoist-affected district.
Inspector General of Police (Operation) Amit Kumar said a joint team of CRPF and Bihar police was defusing the landmine planted by ultras in Dibra police station area of the district when it exploded.
The officer-in-charge of Dibra police station was among those injured, Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) S K Bhardwaj told PTI at Patna.
The injured were brought to the sadar hospital here, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list