2 CRPF personnel killed, 7 injured in landmine blast
Aurangabad: Two CRPF personnel were killed and seven other security officials injured when they were defusing a landmine planted by Maoists in Bihar`s Aurangabad district on Monday.
The incident took place ahead of the April 10 Lok Sabha polls in the Maoist-affected district.
Inspector General of Police (Operation) Amit Kumar said a joint team of CRPF and Bihar police was defusing the landmine planted by ultras in Dibra police station area of the district when it exploded.
The officer-in-charge of Dibra police station was among those injured, Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) S K Bhardwaj told PTI at Patna.
The injured were brought to the sadar hospital here, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM