2 CRPF personnel killed, 7 injured in landmine blast
Aurangabad: Two CRPF personnel were killed and seven other security officials injured when they were defusing a landmine planted by Maoists in Bihar`s Aurangabad district on Monday.
The incident took place ahead of the April 10 Lok Sabha polls in the Maoist-affected district.
Inspector General of Police (Operation) Amit Kumar said a joint team of CRPF and Bihar police was defusing the landmine planted by ultras in Dibra police station area of the district when it exploded.
The officer-in-charge of Dibra police station was among those injured, Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) S K Bhardwaj told PTI at Patna.
The injured were brought to the sadar hospital here, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown