2 sent to 14 days` judicial custody in illegal money transfer case
Lakhisarai (Bihar): Two persons arrested from Karnataka on the basis of statement given by the woman kingpin of an illegal money transaction network being run here under the guidance of Pakistani agencies were on Wednesday remanded to 14 days` judicial custody by a district court.
Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) Amar Jyoti Shrivastava sent Mushtaq Ahmad and Mohammad Ashique to 14 days` judicial custody on production.
The duo were arrested from Mangalore in Karnataka on November 23 on the basis of statement of woman "kingpin" Ayesha Bano. They were brought here today and produced before the CJM court.
Ayesha Bano and her husband Jubair are lodged in jail here in the case.
The illegal money transaction racket was busted here early this month by Bihar Police on an alert given by the NIA. The network was being run under the guidance of people from Pakistan.
Four locals were arrested from outside a private bank ATM here on November 7. They were charged with using bank accounts of poor citizens to transfer money deposited in these accounts to those for which instruction used to come from Pakistan.
The network came to light in course of investigation into the serial blasts in BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s rally in Patna on October 27 and also in Bodh Gaya on July 7.
The poor were paid Rs 2,000 for opening bank account and the passbook and cheque kept by the racket for transferring money coming in these accounts to those for which SMS used to come from Pakistan.
A total of 25 ATM and 35 passbooks and cheque books were seized from the accused caught from outside an HDFC bank ATM on November 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured