2 sent to 14 days` judicial custody in illegal money transfer case
Lakhisarai (Bihar): Two persons arrested from Karnataka on the basis of statement given by the woman kingpin of an illegal money transaction network being run here under the guidance of Pakistani agencies were on Wednesday remanded to 14 days` judicial custody by a district court.
Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) Amar Jyoti Shrivastava sent Mushtaq Ahmad and Mohammad Ashique to 14 days` judicial custody on production.
The duo were arrested from Mangalore in Karnataka on November 23 on the basis of statement of woman "kingpin" Ayesha Bano. They were brought here today and produced before the CJM court.
Ayesha Bano and her husband Jubair are lodged in jail here in the case.
The illegal money transaction racket was busted here early this month by Bihar Police on an alert given by the NIA. The network was being run under the guidance of people from Pakistan.
Four locals were arrested from outside a private bank ATM here on November 7. They were charged with using bank accounts of poor citizens to transfer money deposited in these accounts to those for which instruction used to come from Pakistan.
The network came to light in course of investigation into the serial blasts in BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s rally in Patna on October 27 and also in Bodh Gaya on July 7.
The poor were paid Rs 2,000 for opening bank account and the passbook and cheque kept by the racket for transferring money coming in these accounts to those for which SMS used to come from Pakistan.
A total of 25 ATM and 35 passbooks and cheque books were seized from the accused caught from outside an HDFC bank ATM on November 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH