20 persons injured in two incidents in Bihar
Purnia/Banka: Altogether 20 persons were injured today in separate road accidents in Bihar`s Purnia and Banka districts on Sunday, police said.
Fifteen passengers sustained injuries, four of them seriously, when a bus overturned on NH-57 near Garbanaully Bazaar in Purnia district, Sub-Divisional Police Officer Manoj Kumar said.
The mishap took place when the bus carrying 24 passengers from Ajmersharif in Rajasthan to Siliguri in West Bengal lost control and overturned after the driver reportedly dozzed off, he said.
The injured persons were taken to the Sadar hospital where the attending doctors referred four seriously injured ones to Siliguri, he said.
Five persons were injured, one of them seriously, when a police jeep collided with another jeep on the Chandan river bridge in Banka district, Deputy Superintendent of Police (HQ), B K Das said.
The injured persons were admitted to a hospital where the doctors referred the seriously injured police jeep driver Shashi Bhushan Singh to the Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH), he said.
Both the vehicles were seized, Das said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro
- Terror attack foiled in Saudi Arabia
- US puts Germany, China on watchlist for economic surpluses