20 persons injured in two incidents in Bihar
Purnia/Banka: Altogether 20 persons were injured today in separate road accidents in Bihar`s Purnia and Banka districts on Sunday, police said.
Fifteen passengers sustained injuries, four of them seriously, when a bus overturned on NH-57 near Garbanaully Bazaar in Purnia district, Sub-Divisional Police Officer Manoj Kumar said.
The mishap took place when the bus carrying 24 passengers from Ajmersharif in Rajasthan to Siliguri in West Bengal lost control and overturned after the driver reportedly dozzed off, he said.
The injured persons were taken to the Sadar hospital where the attending doctors referred four seriously injured ones to Siliguri, he said.
Five persons were injured, one of them seriously, when a police jeep collided with another jeep on the Chandan river bridge in Banka district, Deputy Superintendent of Police (HQ), B K Das said.
The injured persons were admitted to a hospital where the doctors referred the seriously injured police jeep driver Shashi Bhushan Singh to the Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH), he said.
Both the vehicles were seized, Das said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea