200 detonators seized during anti-quarrying operations
Sasaram/Dehri-on-Sone: The Economic Offence Wing (EOW) and the local police today seized 200 detonators and various other explosive materials and vehicles during anti-quarrying operations in Bihar`s Rohtas district and detained eight persons, including a policeman for questioning.
Superintendent of Police (SP), EOW, Ashok Kumar and local police and forest officials carried out the anti-quarrying operation between Bansa and Karbandia forests and seized 200 detonators, five bags of ammonium nitrate, five JCBs, five exploders and 30 tractors from different places, Superintendent of Police (SP) of Rohtas Manu Maharaj said.
Five policemen sustained injury when workers of the quarrying mafia pelted stones on the cops during the raid at various sites, he said, adding that the injured cops were admitted to a hospital for treatment.
The police lathicharged the workers and detained seven of them for questioning, the SP said, adding a police constable Narendra Kumar was also detained on suspicion for abetting quarrying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Sensex zooms over 550 points, Nifty reclaims 7,900-mark
- WATCH | Midnight drama: What happened when guys, police saw bride standing alone on road in Noida
- Bajaj Pulsar cs400 spotted testing again; launching soon
- Mars once hosted habitable environments, reveals study!
- Hurriyat leader Mirwaiz Umer Farooq placed under house arrest in Srinagar