200 detonators seized during anti-quarrying operations
Sasaram/Dehri-on-Sone: The Economic Offence Wing (EOW) and the local police today seized 200 detonators and various other explosive materials and vehicles during anti-quarrying operations in Bihar`s Rohtas district and detained eight persons, including a policeman for questioning.
Superintendent of Police (SP), EOW, Ashok Kumar and local police and forest officials carried out the anti-quarrying operation between Bansa and Karbandia forests and seized 200 detonators, five bags of ammonium nitrate, five JCBs, five exploders and 30 tractors from different places, Superintendent of Police (SP) of Rohtas Manu Maharaj said.
Five policemen sustained injury when workers of the quarrying mafia pelted stones on the cops during the raid at various sites, he said, adding that the injured cops were admitted to a hospital for treatment.
The police lathicharged the workers and detained seven of them for questioning, the SP said, adding a police constable Narendra Kumar was also detained on suspicion for abetting quarrying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 78 dead, 200 badly hurt in extreme weather in eastern China
- Watch this interesting movie-like trailer for NASA's Juno mission!
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report
- Rousseff ex-minister arrested in Brazil graft probe