23 Maoists surrender with arms
Muzaffarpur: Altogether 23 Maoists
surrendered to the police on Sunday with arms and ammunitions in
Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district in the presence of a large number
of local people.
The ultras handed over 14 rifles, six country-made
pistols and 100 round ammunitions to the police and were
subsequently sent to jail, official sources said.
Speaking on the occasion, Tirhut Division Commissioner
S K Negi said the administration would provide the surrendered
Maoists assistance under the Naxal Reform Package to enable
them to take to return to mainstream life.
He urged other Maoists to follow their example and
give up arms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened