23 Maoists surrender with arms
Muzaffarpur: Altogether 23 Maoists
surrendered to the police on Sunday with arms and ammunitions in
Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district in the presence of a large number
of local people.
The ultras handed over 14 rifles, six country-made
pistols and 100 round ammunitions to the police and were
subsequently sent to jail, official sources said.
Speaking on the occasion, Tirhut Division Commissioner
S K Negi said the administration would provide the surrendered
Maoists assistance under the Naxal Reform Package to enable
them to take to return to mainstream life.
He urged other Maoists to follow their example and
give up arms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?