23 Maoists surrender with arms
Muzaffarpur: Altogether 23 Maoists
surrendered to the police on Sunday with arms and ammunitions in
Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district in the presence of a large number
of local people.
The ultras handed over 14 rifles, six country-made
pistols and 100 round ammunitions to the police and were
subsequently sent to jail, official sources said.
Speaking on the occasion, Tirhut Division Commissioner
S K Negi said the administration would provide the surrendered
Maoists assistance under the Naxal Reform Package to enable
them to take to return to mainstream life.
He urged other Maoists to follow their example and
give up arms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter