23 Maoists surrender with arms
Muzaffarpur: Altogether 23 Maoists
surrendered to the police on Sunday with arms and ammunitions in
Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district in the presence of a large number
of local people.
The ultras handed over 14 rifles, six country-made
pistols and 100 round ammunitions to the police and were
subsequently sent to jail, official sources said.
Speaking on the occasion, Tirhut Division Commissioner
S K Negi said the administration would provide the surrendered
Maoists assistance under the Naxal Reform Package to enable
them to take to return to mainstream life.
He urged other Maoists to follow their example and
give up arms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!