23 Maoists surrender with arms
Muzaffarpur: Altogether 23 Maoists
surrendered to the police on Sunday with arms and ammunitions in
Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district in the presence of a large number
of local people.
The ultras handed over 14 rifles, six country-made
pistols and 100 round ammunitions to the police and were
subsequently sent to jail, official sources said.
Speaking on the occasion, Tirhut Division Commissioner
S K Negi said the administration would provide the surrendered
Maoists assistance under the Naxal Reform Package to enable
them to take to return to mainstream life.
He urged other Maoists to follow their example and
give up arms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days