242 armed fighting companies proposed in Bihar
Patna: Bihar government has proposed to set up 242 armed fighting companies of police to deal with rioting, Maoist violence and organized crime in the state.
Director General of Police Abhayanand said the decision was taken by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at a high-level review meeting of the home department today.
Among the proposed 242 armed fighting companies, 44 companies will be a dedicated force to deal with rioting, while the remaining companies will be engaged in operations against the Maoists and organized crime, he said.
Kumar also directed that the district police be upgraded to a fighting force companies and would be armed with anti-riot equipment and weapons which will be purchased as per requirements, Abhayanand said.
The ageing policemen would be used for civil policing work with a mandate to resolve disputes among the people, he said.
The Chief Minister also directed the home department to create the post of Director-in-chief (DIC) of the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) and setting up of a directorate comprising the FSL, finger print and photo bureau under the DIC, who will be a forensic science expert of national repute.
The meeting also decided to recruit people in the vacant posts in the police force and purchase equipment as per requirement.
The government would provide 35 per cent reservation in the recruitment of women constables and sub-inspectors under which three per cent posts will be for those from the the OBCs, Kumar said adding the policy decision in this regard will be ratified by the cabinet in due course.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi