242 armed fighting companies proposed in Bihar
Patna: Bihar government has proposed to set up 242 armed fighting companies of police to deal with rioting, Maoist violence and organized crime in the state.
Director General of Police Abhayanand said the decision was taken by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at a high-level review meeting of the home department today.
Among the proposed 242 armed fighting companies, 44 companies will be a dedicated force to deal with rioting, while the remaining companies will be engaged in operations against the Maoists and organized crime, he said.
Kumar also directed that the district police be upgraded to a fighting force companies and would be armed with anti-riot equipment and weapons which will be purchased as per requirements, Abhayanand said.
The ageing policemen would be used for civil policing work with a mandate to resolve disputes among the people, he said.
The Chief Minister also directed the home department to create the post of Director-in-chief (DIC) of the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) and setting up of a directorate comprising the FSL, finger print and photo bureau under the DIC, who will be a forensic science expert of national repute.
The meeting also decided to recruit people in the vacant posts in the police force and purchase equipment as per requirement.
The government would provide 35 per cent reservation in the recruitment of women constables and sub-inspectors under which three per cent posts will be for those from the the OBCs, Kumar said adding the policy decision in this regard will be ratified by the cabinet in due course.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof