289 semi-finished pistols seized in Bihar, one arrested
Munger: An alleged arms supplier has been arrested and 289 semi-finished pistols have been recovered from his possession at Mubarakchak in Bihar`s Munger district, police said on Thursday.
Acting on a tip off, a police team raided the house of an arms supplier Nanhku and recovered the weapons from a bunker, Additional Superintendent of Police Sanjay Kumar Singh said.
Nanhku had purchased the weapons from illegal arms manufacturers in the district to sell those to clients at higher price, Singh said.
A sum of Rs 1.02 lakh cash was also recovered from the possession of the arms supplier who was being interrogated about the arms supply network in the district, the ASP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch