289 semi-finished pistols seized in Bihar, one arrested
Munger: An alleged arms supplier has been arrested and 289 semi-finished pistols have been recovered from his possession at Mubarakchak in Bihar`s Munger district, police said on Thursday.
Acting on a tip off, a police team raided the house of an arms supplier Nanhku and recovered the weapons from a bunker, Additional Superintendent of Police Sanjay Kumar Singh said.
Nanhku had purchased the weapons from illegal arms manufacturers in the district to sell those to clients at higher price, Singh said.
A sum of Rs 1.02 lakh cash was also recovered from the possession of the arms supplier who was being interrogated about the arms supply network in the district, the ASP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes