3 persons sentenced to life in a murder case
Munger: A court in Bihar`s Munger district on Tuesday convicted three persons, including two women, to life imprisonment after finding them guilty in a murder case three years ago.
The Fast Track court-II judge Manmohan Sharan Lal passed the order convicting the accused persons Yogendra Chaudhary, Radha Devi and Rukma Devi to life imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on each after finding them guilty of the charges in the murder case of Rinki Devi.
According to the prosecution, Chaudhary had stabbed to death Rinki in her house in Nawada village in Tarapur police station area on April 11, 2009, following a spat between her mother-in-law and two other women, one of whom was Chaudhary`s wife, while they were washing utensils near a well on the day of the incident.
Chaudhary helped his wife and the other woman to beat up Rinki`s mother-in-law who ran inside her house and tried to hide behind her daughter-in-law before the former barged into the house and stabbed Rinki even as he had wanted to kill her mother-in-law.
The victim`s father-in-law Adhiklal Chaudhary had lodged an FIR charging three persons, including women, following the murder of his daughter-in-law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS