30 FIRs lodged, 17 arrested for Madhubani violence
Madhubani: Police have lodged 30 FIRs against thousands of persons, both named and unidentified, and arrested 17 people in connection with violence and arson in Bihar`s Madhubani district.
Madhubani Superintendent of Police Ranjeet Kumar Mishra said today the 30 FIRs were loged at Town, Khajauli, Kaluwahi, Jai Nagar, Basopatti and Jai Nagar GRP police stations charging 38 named people and over 4250 unidentified ones for conspiring and carrying out largescale violence and arson in Madhubani district on October 12-13.
Of those named in the FIRs, two persons were arrested by the police from Basopatti on charge of violence and arson at Basopatti police station and block office.
The identity of the accused persons were being ascertained on the basis of video footage of the incidents, Mishra said.
Another 15 people have been arrested in connection with violence and arson at Khajauli police station and block office, the SP said.
The accused were being interrogated, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'