34 sentenced to life imprisonment in Bihar
Gopalganj/Sasaram: Altogether 34 people were
on Saturday sentenced to life imprisonment by local courts in
connection with three separate cases of murder in Bihar`s
Madhepura and Gopalganj districts.
A fast-track court of Additional District and Sessions
Judge Bipin Bihari Mishra held seven persons responsible for
the thrashing to death two brothers at Amawa Vijaypur village
under Kuchaikot Police station in the Gopalganj district on
March 30, 1994.
Mishra sentenced the convicts to life imprisonment. He
also slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of the convicts.
In Rohtas, fast-track court judge Yogesh Narain Singh
found 12 persons guilty of murdering Tapeshwar Yadav and
Amrendra Yadav at Jeevaspur village under Gamaria police
station in the district March 3, 2002.
The court awarded life-term to all 12.
In another case the court of Additional District and
Sessions judge Ram Lakhan Singh Yadav pronounced 15 people
guilty of killing Ramesh Jha at Bela Sadi village in the
district on August 18, 1988.
Singh sentenced them to life imprisonment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur