34 tribals arrested over killing of JD(U) leader
Purnia: Police on Saturday arrested 34 people, including 20 women, in the brutal killing of a local JD(U) leader who was allegedly set on fire by some tribals over property dispute in the district.
Police have been conducting raids since this morning to nab people involved in the killing, Manoj Kumar, In-Charge Superintendent of Police, said.
Among 34 arrested, 20 are women and 14 men, he said adding that the raids are still on.
A group of tribal people had yesterday surrounded the hut of the JD(U) leader Jainendra Kumar in Kishanpur Balua panchayat and allegedly set it afire following a properly-related dispute between them.
Kumar, who was the husband of the Kishanpur Balua panchayat mukhiya Shibo Devi, died on the spot due to severe burn injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video