35 get jail term, fine in fodder scam case
Ranchi: Over 30 accused in a case related to
the infamous fodder scam have been sentenced to rigorous
imprisonment ranging from four to six years by a court here
which also imposed fines varying from Rs 1.5 lakh to a
staggering Rs two crore on them.
The 35 accused, who were sentenced, included Junual
Bhengraj, the then District Animal Husbandry Officer (DAHO),
Chaibasa. He has been sentenced to six years RI with a fine of
Rs 1.5 crore by the special court in Ranchi.
Krishna Mohan Prasad, the then Assistant Director
(Planning), Animal Husbandry Department, Ranchi was sentenced
to six years RI with a fine of Rs two crore, the CBI said in a
Others who were heavily fined included Krishan Mohan
Prasad Sinha, then Budget and Accounts Officer, AHD, Patna. He
was fined Rs 50 lakh besides awarded six years RI.
Gauri Shankar Prasad, the then DAHO, Chaibasa, was also
fined Rs 75 lakh besides being awarded six years RI.
In this case, chargesheet was filed against a total of 86
accused for fraudulent withdrawal of over Rs 10 crore from
Chaibasa Treasury during the financial year 1980-1981 and
1990-1991 on the basis of forged budget allotment and
sub-allotment letters, the CBI said.
It said false bills were raised without effecting the
supply of poultry feed and veterinary medicines to Animal
"Out of 86 chargesheeted accused, 20 accused persons died
during trial, two accused persons were made approvers, one
accused Pramod Kumar Jaiswal, (supplier) was convicted earlier
after he pleaded guilty and two accused have been absconding.
"Thus, on the day of judgement, a total of 61 accused
were facing trial. Out of 61, 58 accused have been convicted
whereas remaining three accused, namely Om Prakash Chirania,
Vijay Shanker Vohra and Ravi Sinha (all suppliers) have been
acquitted on the ground of insufficient evidence," it said.
This is the 38th case in the scam disposed of so far in
the trial by the special court in Ranchi.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today