4 arrested for sending SMS threat to Bihar CM, MLC
Banka/Bhagalpur (Bihar): Four persons
were arrested and a mobile phone seized in connection with an
SMS to a ruling JD(U) MLC threatening to kill him along with
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar if they failed to pay Rs one
Bhagalpur Superintendent of Police B S Meena said four
persons were arrested during raids at various places in
Bhagalpur district this afternoon.
Those arrested were identified as Manish Kumar,
Chandan Kumar, Aditya Kumar and Pankaj Yadav and the mobile
phone allegedly used for sending the SMS was seized from them,
A ruling JD(U) MLC had filed an FIR in Banka against
unknown persons complaining that he had received an anonymous
SMS threatening to kill him along with Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar if they failed to pay Rupees one crore.
Manoj Yadav received the SMS from a mobile phone no
09572931818 on Saturday night, Deputy Superintendent of Police
(town) Sanjay Kumar said.
In the SMS, anti-socials threatened to eliminate him
along with the chief minister and another ruling JD(U) MLA
Manish Kumar if they failed to pay the money, Kumar said.
Yadav filed the FIR yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!