4 arrested for sending SMS threat to Bihar CM, MLC
Banka/Bhagalpur (Bihar): Four persons
were arrested and a mobile phone seized in connection with an
SMS to a ruling JD(U) MLC threatening to kill him along with
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar if they failed to pay Rs one
Bhagalpur Superintendent of Police B S Meena said four
persons were arrested during raids at various places in
Bhagalpur district this afternoon.
Those arrested were identified as Manish Kumar,
Chandan Kumar, Aditya Kumar and Pankaj Yadav and the mobile
phone allegedly used for sending the SMS was seized from them,
A ruling JD(U) MLC had filed an FIR in Banka against
unknown persons complaining that he had received an anonymous
SMS threatening to kill him along with Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar if they failed to pay Rupees one crore.
Manoj Yadav received the SMS from a mobile phone no
09572931818 on Saturday night, Deputy Superintendent of Police
(town) Sanjay Kumar said.
In the SMS, anti-socials threatened to eliminate him
along with the chief minister and another ruling JD(U) MLA
Manish Kumar if they failed to pay the money, Kumar said.
Yadav filed the FIR yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand