4 killed, 18 hurt in road mishap
Sheikhpura: Four persons were killed and 18 injured when the jeep they were travelling in collided with a truck in Bihar`s Sheikhpura district today, police said.
The mishap took place as the truck driver lost control over the vehicle and rammed it into the jeep which was carrying at least 24 passengers, Sheikhpura police station in-charge K K Mandal said.
Two persons died on the spot and as many succumbed to
injuries on way to Patna Medical College and Hospital.
The injured were admitted to a nearby hospital where the
condition of three was stated to be critical, Mandal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre