4,800 kg ammonium nitrate recovered in Bihar
Patna: Police recovered 4,800 kg ammonium nitrate meant for use in illegal mining and arrested a man in this connection early Thursday in Bihar.
Acting on a tip-off, police conducted searches in a village in Bihar`s Rohtas district and recovered 3,000 detonators and 4,800 kg of ammonium nitrate.
Rohtas Superintendent of Police Vikas Berman said the huge quantity of ammonium nitrate was seized from Gopi Bigha village.
Police have arrested a tractor driver and interrogated him over the explosives, usually used in illegal mining in the district, Berman said.
"We have started an investigation into it to arrest more people," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?