560 kg ganja worth over Rs 10 lakh seized in Bihar
Raxaul: Ganja worth over Rs 10 lakh in the
international market was seized by Customs sleuths at Raxaul
check-post in Bihar`s West Champaran district along the border
with Nepal, officials said on Saturday.
Acting on specific information that a petrol tanker
was carrying the contraband, Customs sleuths intercepted the
vehicle on the Indian side of the check-post last night and
seized 560 kg of the narcotic from a specially-made cabinet
in the vehicle, Assistant Commissioner of Central Excise Y P
Azad told reporters.
The driver of the vehicle tried to escape by
abandoning the tanker but was caught and taken into custody.
On interrogation, the driver revealed that the
consignment was to be delivered to a person unknown to him in
Kolkata, Azad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre