560 kg ganja worth over Rs 10 lakh seized in Bihar
Raxaul: Ganja worth over Rs 10 lakh in the
international market was seized by Customs sleuths at Raxaul
check-post in Bihar`s West Champaran district along the border
with Nepal, officials said on Saturday.
Acting on specific information that a petrol tanker
was carrying the contraband, Customs sleuths intercepted the
vehicle on the Indian side of the check-post last night and
seized 560 kg of the narcotic from a specially-made cabinet
in the vehicle, Assistant Commissioner of Central Excise Y P
Azad told reporters.
The driver of the vehicle tried to escape by
abandoning the tanker but was caught and taken into custody.
On interrogation, the driver revealed that the
consignment was to be delivered to a person unknown to him in
Kolkata, Azad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gurgaon waterlogging: This is how Twitterati reacted after traffic choked Gurugram
- Bridge collapses in Nepal due to flooding – watch dramatic video
- WATCH: MONSTROUS! When Brock Lesnar destroyed two opponents and a Cadillac
- Hillary Clinton's speech at Democratic presidential nomination - Watch video
- Watch: Jeff Williams shares mesmerising video of Newfoundland from space