560 kg ganja worth over Rs 10 lakh seized in Bihar
Raxaul: Ganja worth over Rs 10 lakh in the
international market was seized by Customs sleuths at Raxaul
check-post in Bihar`s West Champaran district along the border
with Nepal, officials said on Saturday.
Acting on specific information that a petrol tanker
was carrying the contraband, Customs sleuths intercepted the
vehicle on the Indian side of the check-post last night and
seized 560 kg of the narcotic from a specially-made cabinet
in the vehicle, Assistant Commissioner of Central Excise Y P
Azad told reporters.
The driver of the vehicle tried to escape by
abandoning the tanker but was caught and taken into custody.
On interrogation, the driver revealed that the
consignment was to be delivered to a person unknown to him in
Kolkata, Azad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday