560 kg ganja worth over Rs 10 lakh seized in Bihar
Raxaul: Ganja worth over Rs 10 lakh in the
international market was seized by Customs sleuths at Raxaul
check-post in Bihar`s West Champaran district along the border
with Nepal, officials said on Saturday.
Acting on specific information that a petrol tanker
was carrying the contraband, Customs sleuths intercepted the
vehicle on the Indian side of the check-post last night and
seized 560 kg of the narcotic from a specially-made cabinet
in the vehicle, Assistant Commissioner of Central Excise Y P
Azad told reporters.
The driver of the vehicle tried to escape by
abandoning the tanker but was caught and taken into custody.
On interrogation, the driver revealed that the
consignment was to be delivered to a person unknown to him in
Kolkata, Azad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire