6 Maoists arrested in Bihar
Motihari: In a joint operation, the CRPF and the Bihar Police on Monday arrested six Maoists in East Champaran district, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of the CRPF and the district police raided areas under Rajepur and Patahi police station and held six Maoists for allegedly hatching a plan to trigger violence during the elections, SP Operation Rajiv Kumar said.
Those arrested included Viyonath Manjhi alias Sanjay, wanted in several Naxal-related incidents, he said, adding two countrymande pistols, ten live bullets and Naxal literature have been recovered from them.
Though polling will be held in seven seats in Bihar tomorrow, voting in East Champaran district will be held in the last phase on May 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday