6 Maoists arrested in Bihar
Motihari: In a joint operation, the CRPF and the Bihar Police on Monday arrested six Maoists in East Champaran district, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of the CRPF and the district police raided areas under Rajepur and Patahi police station and held six Maoists for allegedly hatching a plan to trigger violence during the elections, SP Operation Rajiv Kumar said.
Those arrested included Viyonath Manjhi alias Sanjay, wanted in several Naxal-related incidents, he said, adding two countrymande pistols, ten live bullets and Naxal literature have been recovered from them.
Though polling will be held in seven seats in Bihar tomorrow, voting in East Champaran district will be held in the last phase on May 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users