6 Maoists arrested in Bihar
Motihari: In a joint operation, the CRPF and the Bihar Police on Monday arrested six Maoists in East Champaran district, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of the CRPF and the district police raided areas under Rajepur and Patahi police station and held six Maoists for allegedly hatching a plan to trigger violence during the elections, SP Operation Rajiv Kumar said.
Those arrested included Viyonath Manjhi alias Sanjay, wanted in several Naxal-related incidents, he said, adding two countrymande pistols, ten live bullets and Naxal literature have been recovered from them.
Though polling will be held in seven seats in Bihar tomorrow, voting in East Champaran district will be held in the last phase on May 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof