6 precious statues seized, 2 smugglers nabbed
Araria: Two persons were arrested in the district for allegedly trying to smuggle out six precious mixed metal idols to Nepal.
Acting on a tip off, SSB personnel stopped an autorickshaw late last night at Bathnaha outpost and after a check found half-a-dozen `Ashtadhatu` statues of Lord Ram, Sita, Lakshmi and others, Deputy Commandant of SSB Maheshwar Prasad said today.
Two persons have been arrested, he said, adding investigation found that they were taking the statues to Nepal through Jogbani in Bihar.
The statues weighed 31 kg and their value is estimated in crores of rupees, the SSB official said.
The auto driver has also been detained for questioning, he said.
- Massive post poll violence in Malda, 4 TMC workers dead; Congress attacked them with bombs?
- Indian Premier League 9: More trouble for Rising Pune Supergiants as in-form Steve Smith flies back home due to wrist injury
- Bipasha Basu – Karan Singh Grover wedding: New photos of pretty bride and handsome groom
- French, US jet fighters destroy Islamic State site in Iraq
- Five years on, bin Laden doctor languishes in Pakistan jail