6 quintal ganja worth Rs 40 lakh seized in Nawada
Nawada: Three smugglers were arrested and six quintal ganja worth about Rs 40 lakh were recovered from a truck in Bihar`s Nawada district by the Special Task Force, a police official said today.
Acting on a tip off, the STF sleuths intercepted the speeding truck late last night and seized the ganja, packed in 22 sacks, Inspector General of Police (IG), Operations, Amit Kumar said.
The cops arrested three contraband smugglers identified as Anuj Kumar, Raj Kumar Paswan and Ranjit Paswan, who were travelling in the vehicle with the haul of contraband, he said.
The truck was bringing the consignment of ganja from somewhere in Odisha to deliver it to the clients in Bihar`s Jehanabad, Lakhisarai and Begusarai districts, Kumar said.
The truck belonged to Pramod Paswan hailing from Dalsingsarai town of Bihar`s Samastipur district, he said, adding further investigation was going on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zika not a reason to cancel Rio Olympics, says US health official
- Mamata Banerjee sworn-in as West Bengal CM: As it happened
- Haryana DGP says common man has right to take criminal's life. Read his shocking views here
- Taliban leader Mullah Mansour was living under ISI protection
- Modi ministers on UP visit from today for 'NDA outreach' program