6 quintal ganja worth Rs 40 lakh seized in Nawada
Nawada: Three smugglers were arrested and six quintal ganja worth about Rs 40 lakh were recovered from a truck in Bihar`s Nawada district by the Special Task Force, a police official said today.
Acting on a tip off, the STF sleuths intercepted the speeding truck late last night and seized the ganja, packed in 22 sacks, Inspector General of Police (IG), Operations, Amit Kumar said.
The cops arrested three contraband smugglers identified as Anuj Kumar, Raj Kumar Paswan and Ranjit Paswan, who were travelling in the vehicle with the haul of contraband, he said.
The truck was bringing the consignment of ganja from somewhere in Odisha to deliver it to the clients in Bihar`s Jehanabad, Lakhisarai and Begusarai districts, Kumar said.
The truck belonged to Pramod Paswan hailing from Dalsingsarai town of Bihar`s Samastipur district, he said, adding further investigation was going on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert