6 quintal ganja worth Rs 40 lakh seized in Nawada
Nawada: Three smugglers were arrested and six quintal ganja worth about Rs 40 lakh were recovered from a truck in Bihar`s Nawada district by the Special Task Force, a police official said today.
Acting on a tip off, the STF sleuths intercepted the speeding truck late last night and seized the ganja, packed in 22 sacks, Inspector General of Police (IG), Operations, Amit Kumar said.
The cops arrested three contraband smugglers identified as Anuj Kumar, Raj Kumar Paswan and Ranjit Paswan, who were travelling in the vehicle with the haul of contraband, he said.
The truck was bringing the consignment of ganja from somewhere in Odisha to deliver it to the clients in Bihar`s Jehanabad, Lakhisarai and Begusarai districts, Kumar said.
The truck belonged to Pramod Paswan hailing from Dalsingsarai town of Bihar`s Samastipur district, he said, adding further investigation was going on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured