6 quintal ganja worth Rs 40 lakh seized in Nawada
Nawada: Three smugglers were arrested and six quintal ganja worth about Rs 40 lakh were recovered from a truck in Bihar`s Nawada district by the Special Task Force, a police official said today.
Acting on a tip off, the STF sleuths intercepted the speeding truck late last night and seized the ganja, packed in 22 sacks, Inspector General of Police (IG), Operations, Amit Kumar said.
The cops arrested three contraband smugglers identified as Anuj Kumar, Raj Kumar Paswan and Ranjit Paswan, who were travelling in the vehicle with the haul of contraband, he said.
The truck was bringing the consignment of ganja from somewhere in Odisha to deliver it to the clients in Bihar`s Jehanabad, Lakhisarai and Begusarai districts, Kumar said.
The truck belonged to Pramod Paswan hailing from Dalsingsarai town of Bihar`s Samastipur district, he said, adding further investigation was going on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Seven killed in Mogadishu beach restaurant attack: Official
- Hungary to build second fence on border with Serbia to keep out migrants
- Curfew in several areas of Kashmir ahead of planned march
- No ''tech traces'' of American University attack found: Pakistan to Afghanistan
- Intex unveils Cloud Tread smartphone for multi-taskers at Rs 4,999