60 fall ill after eating prasad in Bihar
Patna: Over 60 persons fell severely ill after consuming `prasad` (food offered to God) at a village in Muzaffarpur district in Bihar, police said here today.
Forty of them were admitted to the Sri Krishna Medical College and Hospital (SKMCH) at Muzaffarpur city, where their condition was stated to be gradually stabilising.
The police said that no sooner had the people ate the prasad than they started vomiting and were immediately taken to the primary health centre and the hospital at Muzzafarpur city, Minapur additional SHO Madan Kumar Singh said.
SKMCH superintendent Gajendra Kumar Singh said it was a case of food poisoning and the condition of affected ones was improving after being administered life saving medicines.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on