60 fall ill after eating prasad in Bihar
Patna: Over 60 persons fell severely ill after consuming `prasad` (food offered to God) at a village in Muzaffarpur district in Bihar, police said here today.
Forty of them were admitted to the Sri Krishna Medical College and Hospital (SKMCH) at Muzaffarpur city, where their condition was stated to be gradually stabilising.
The police said that no sooner had the people ate the prasad than they started vomiting and were immediately taken to the primary health centre and the hospital at Muzzafarpur city, Minapur additional SHO Madan Kumar Singh said.
SKMCH superintendent Gajendra Kumar Singh said it was a case of food poisoning and the condition of affected ones was improving after being administered life saving medicines.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory