60 fall ill after eating prasad in Bihar
Patna: Over 60 persons fell severely ill after consuming `prasad` (food offered to God) at a village in Muzaffarpur district in Bihar, police said here today.
Forty of them were admitted to the Sri Krishna Medical College and Hospital (SKMCH) at Muzaffarpur city, where their condition was stated to be gradually stabilising.
The police said that no sooner had the people ate the prasad than they started vomiting and were immediately taken to the primary health centre and the hospital at Muzzafarpur city, Minapur additional SHO Madan Kumar Singh said.
SKMCH superintendent Gajendra Kumar Singh said it was a case of food poisoning and the condition of affected ones was improving after being administered life saving medicines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says