62 taken ill after consuming contaminated food in Arwal
Arwal: Sixty-two people, including 22 children, have been taken ill after eating contaminated food at village in Arwal district of Bihar, official sources said today.
The incident took place at Khatangi village last evening during a house warming party where 62 people fell sick after eating the food, the sources said.
They were taken to a Primary Health Centre (PHC) at Kurtha where the condition of eight of them was stated to be critical, they said.
Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) and the district health officials rushed to the hospital this morning to supervise treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital