62 taken ill after consuming contaminated food in Arwal
Arwal: Sixty-two people, including 22 children, have been taken ill after eating contaminated food at village in Arwal district of Bihar, official sources said today.
The incident took place at Khatangi village last evening during a house warming party where 62 people fell sick after eating the food, the sources said.
They were taken to a Primary Health Centre (PHC) at Kurtha where the condition of eight of them was stated to be critical, they said.
Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) and the district health officials rushed to the hospital this morning to supervise treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt