62 taken ill after consuming contaminated food in Arwal
Arwal: Sixty-two people, including 22 children, have been taken ill after eating contaminated food at village in Arwal district of Bihar, official sources said today.
The incident took place at Khatangi village last evening during a house warming party where 62 people fell sick after eating the food, the sources said.
They were taken to a Primary Health Centre (PHC) at Kurtha where the condition of eight of them was stated to be critical, they said.
Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) and the district health officials rushed to the hospital this morning to supervise treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?