63 file nomination today for Bihar Assembly polls
Patna: Altogether 63 candidates filed their
nominations on Thursday for the first and second phase of the Bihar
Assembly elections on October 21 and 24.
44 of them filed papers for the constituencies going to
polls in the first phase, while 19 for the second phase, an
election official said.
Prominent among those who filed their papers for the
polls were senior ministers Sahid Ali Khan (Sursand) and
Ramnath Thakur (Samastipur).
So far, 105 people have filed their nominations for the
first phase, notification for which was issued on Monday.
The last date for filing nominations for the phase is
October 4 and scrutiny is scheduled the next day. The last
date of withdrawal is October 7.
Notification for the second phase of polls for holding
elections to 45 constituencies was issued yesterday. The last
date of filing papers is October 6 and for withdrawal October
9, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’