63 file nomination today for Bihar Assembly polls
Patna: Altogether 63 candidates filed their
nominations on Thursday for the first and second phase of the Bihar
Assembly elections on October 21 and 24.
44 of them filed papers for the constituencies going to
polls in the first phase, while 19 for the second phase, an
election official said.
Prominent among those who filed their papers for the
polls were senior ministers Sahid Ali Khan (Sursand) and
Ramnath Thakur (Samastipur).
So far, 105 people have filed their nominations for the
first phase, notification for which was issued on Monday.
The last date for filing nominations for the phase is
October 4 and scrutiny is scheduled the next day. The last
date of withdrawal is October 7.
Notification for the second phase of polls for holding
elections to 45 constituencies was issued yesterday. The last
date of filing papers is October 6 and for withdrawal October
9, the official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists