63 file nomination today for Bihar Assembly polls
Patna: Altogether 63 candidates filed their
nominations on Thursday for the first and second phase of the Bihar
Assembly elections on October 21 and 24.
44 of them filed papers for the constituencies going to
polls in the first phase, while 19 for the second phase, an
election official said.
Prominent among those who filed their papers for the
polls were senior ministers Sahid Ali Khan (Sursand) and
Ramnath Thakur (Samastipur).
So far, 105 people have filed their nominations for the
first phase, notification for which was issued on Monday.
The last date for filing nominations for the phase is
October 4 and scrutiny is scheduled the next day. The last
date of withdrawal is October 7.
Notification for the second phase of polls for holding
elections to 45 constituencies was issued yesterday. The last
date of filing papers is October 6 and for withdrawal October
9, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed