70 grenades recovered in Bihar
Patna: Security forces have recovered 70 hand grenades during search operations in a Bihar district, police said on Tuesday.
In Munger, police recovered 70 hand grenades near Paisra during search operations against Maoists, a district police official said.
Explosives were also recovered from Jamui district.
Jitendra Rana, superintendent of police, Jamui district said that during a search operation against Maoists in Bhimbandh forest a joint police team of CRPF and police recovered 25 land mines and explosive material for making bombs.
The district is considered to be a stronghold of the outlawed Communist Party of India-Maoist. However, no one has been arrested in this regard.
Bihar police have launched operations against Maoists after an intelligence alert that Maoist guerrillas may launch attacks ahead of Republic Day.
"We have intensified combing operations against Maoists in the state," a senior police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’