841 cases registered so far for model code violation in Bihar
Patna: Altogether 841 cases have been
registered in Bihar so far in connection with violation of the
model code of conduct in place for the coming assembly polls,
additional chief electoral officer Kumar Anshumali said today.
Of 841 cases 406 cases accounted for defacement of
public property, while 269 cases have been lodged under the
Motor Vehicles Act, he told reporters here.
The election authorities have registered 10 cases for
misuse of loudspeakers for electioneering, while 37 cases have
been lodged for making inflammatory speeches and 11 cases
related to inducements to the voters, Anshumali said.
A total 108 cases registered since the enforcement of
the model code of conduct in the state related to
miscellaneous charges, he said.
Out of 841 cases, action has been taken by the
authorities in 406 cases, he said.
Among other preventive and punitive measures taken for
the assembly polls, 148 people have been booked, Anshumali
said adding 22,553 non-bailable warrants have been executed
against the potential trouble makers with past criminal
background. A total 55,996 warrants were in the process of
Anshumali said 2242 arms licences and 224 arms have
been seized along with 9923 ammunitions, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- DNA: Today in History | 25th August, 2016
- Are festivals and other social fete being manipulated for political benefits?
- Ronaldo beats Bale, Griezmann to win second UEFA Best Player in Europe Award
- After tribal's walk with wife's body, Odisha launches hearse scheme
- PM Modi pips Amitabh Bachchan, becomes most followed Indian on Twitter
- Tips to treat minor burns at home!
- UEFA Champions League draw: Barca reunion for Guardiola, Madrid get Dortmund, Arsenal pair PSG