841 cases registered so far for model code violation in Bihar
Patna: Altogether 841 cases have been
registered in Bihar so far in connection with violation of the
model code of conduct in place for the coming assembly polls,
additional chief electoral officer Kumar Anshumali said today.
Of 841 cases 406 cases accounted for defacement of
public property, while 269 cases have been lodged under the
Motor Vehicles Act, he told reporters here.
The election authorities have registered 10 cases for
misuse of loudspeakers for electioneering, while 37 cases have
been lodged for making inflammatory speeches and 11 cases
related to inducements to the voters, Anshumali said.
A total 108 cases registered since the enforcement of
the model code of conduct in the state related to
miscellaneous charges, he said.
Out of 841 cases, action has been taken by the
authorities in 406 cases, he said.
Among other preventive and punitive measures taken for
the assembly polls, 148 people have been booked, Anshumali
said adding 22,553 non-bailable warrants have been executed
against the potential trouble makers with past criminal
background. A total 55,996 warrants were in the process of
Anshumali said 2242 arms licences and 224 arms have
been seized along with 9923 ammunitions, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’