843 people chargesheeted in panchayat poll-related offences
Patna: Police have chargesheeted 843 people,
including 616 candidates for Mukhiya and Zila Parishad posts,
in connection with poll-related offences during the Bihar
Director General of Police Neelmani, while confirming
it, said the charge sheets were filed in the courts against
843 people who were arrested and charged with poll-related
violence and other malpractices during the panchayat polls.
The accused persons will be put on speedy trial to
ensure their conviction within a time-frame, Neelmani said.
Among other preventive measures for a free and fair
panchayat polls, the police have seized 6,500 cartridges and
65,888 licenced weapons and arrested 25,667 people, police
Besides, a cash amount of Rs 35 lakh and 1.72 lakh
litres liquor have been seized from across the state during
8th phases of the panchayat polls that commenced on April 20
last, they claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened