‘AAI nod for Nalanda airport for proposed varsity’
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said that the Airport Authority of India (AAI) has given consent to set up an airport at Nalanda, for connectivity to the proposed Nalanda University.
The decision was taken at the Nalanda University monitoring committee meeting held in New Delhi and presided over by the Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia to discuss the communication reference points like airport, road and railway connectivity for the proposed university, he said.
The AAI has given consent to the proposal to set up an airport at Nalanda, Kumar said.
The Chief Minister said that he was also invited for the meeting to discuss transportation infrastructure for the proposed institution and gave valuable inputs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days