‘AAI nod for Nalanda airport for proposed varsity’
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said that the Airport Authority of India (AAI) has given consent to set up an airport at Nalanda, for connectivity to the proposed Nalanda University.
The decision was taken at the Nalanda University monitoring committee meeting held in New Delhi and presided over by the Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia to discuss the communication reference points like airport, road and railway connectivity for the proposed university, he said.
The AAI has given consent to the proposal to set up an airport at Nalanda, Kumar said.
The Chief Minister said that he was also invited for the meeting to discuss transportation infrastructure for the proposed institution and gave valuable inputs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt