‘AAI nod for Nalanda airport for proposed varsity’
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said that the Airport Authority of India (AAI) has given consent to set up an airport at Nalanda, for connectivity to the proposed Nalanda University.
The decision was taken at the Nalanda University monitoring committee meeting held in New Delhi and presided over by the Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia to discuss the communication reference points like airport, road and railway connectivity for the proposed university, he said.
The AAI has given consent to the proposal to set up an airport at Nalanda, Kumar said.
The Chief Minister said that he was also invited for the meeting to discuss transportation infrastructure for the proposed institution and gave valuable inputs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!