AAP fields cobbler against Paswan`s son
Patna: The Aam Aadmi Party has fielded a cobbler against Lok Janshakti Party chief Ram Vilas Paswan`s son Chirag Paswan from the Jamui Lok Sabha constituency in Bihar, party leaders said Sunday.
Vinod Das, in his early 30s and a cobbler by profession, has been an active worker of the AAP since its inception, and has been fighting for labour rights in Jamui.
"Vinod earns his livelihood by working as a cobbler. His mother still works as a domestic help and his father is also a cobbler," an AAP leader here said.
The AAP`s Bihar convenor Somnath Tripathy earlier said his party will field a "common man" against Ram Vilas Paswan.
"AAP has fielded a cobbler against Paswan`s son Chirag," Tripathy said.
LJP leader Lalan Kumar said actor-turned-politician Chirag Paswan is the star campaigner of the party, and has a clear-cut edge over others.
He said Chirag Paswan was very popular among youth and his "charming personality is attracting many".
Bihar Speaker Uday Narain Choudhary is the third candidate in Jamui from the Janata Dal-United.
Jamui, considered a backward region of Bihar, is said to be a Maoist stronghold.
Bihar will see six-phase polling on April 10, 17, 24, 30 and May 7 and 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam