AAP fields cobbler against Paswan`s son
Patna: The Aam Aadmi Party has fielded a cobbler against Lok Janshakti Party chief Ram Vilas Paswan`s son Chirag Paswan from the Jamui Lok Sabha constituency in Bihar, party leaders said Sunday.
Vinod Das, in his early 30s and a cobbler by profession, has been an active worker of the AAP since its inception, and has been fighting for labour rights in Jamui.
"Vinod earns his livelihood by working as a cobbler. His mother still works as a domestic help and his father is also a cobbler," an AAP leader here said.
The AAP`s Bihar convenor Somnath Tripathy earlier said his party will field a "common man" against Ram Vilas Paswan.
"AAP has fielded a cobbler against Paswan`s son Chirag," Tripathy said.
LJP leader Lalan Kumar said actor-turned-politician Chirag Paswan is the star campaigner of the party, and has a clear-cut edge over others.
He said Chirag Paswan was very popular among youth and his "charming personality is attracting many".
Bihar Speaker Uday Narain Choudhary is the third candidate in Jamui from the Janata Dal-United.
Jamui, considered a backward region of Bihar, is said to be a Maoist stronghold.
Bihar will see six-phase polling on April 10, 17, 24, 30 and May 7 and 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!