Abducted woman untraced, husband still in hospital
Patna: An upper caste woman abducted in Bihar 12 days ago allegedly for marrying a Dalit against her family`s wishes remains untraced, police said on Sunday.
The husband, Krishna Prasad Ram, who was stabbed 20 times during the July 17 kidnapping, is still undergoing in a hospital in Motihari town.
Police say there are no clues about the whereabouts of Khushboo Singh, who was seized when she, her husband and their six-month-old son were set to go to a court from the Motihari railway station.
As the husband collapsed, her attackers left presuming he was dead.
Khushboo and Krishna married a year ago in a Bihar court. Both are from Gaunahi village in East Champaran district.
They had come to Motihari for a court case regarding a kidnapping case lodged by her father against Krishna.
"There is no breakthrough in the (case)," police officer Vijay Kumar told IANS over telephone.
Another police official said on the condition of anonymity that Khushboo may have been killed soon after her abduction.
"She may have become a victim of honour killing because she married a Dalit," he said.
The stabbed husband has blamed his wife`s family for the crime. According to police, all the accused are absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets