Abduction case: Nitish asks DGP to investigate minister`s involvement
Patna: Amid reports of the involvement of a Bihar minister in the kidnapping of a Gujarat-based businessman`s son, who was later released on payment of Rs 25-crore ransom, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday said he has asked state police chief to probe into the case.
"The day I came to know about the matter I have asked the DGP to look into the matter," Kumar told reporters on the sidelines of the 61st All India convention of India Historical Record function.
"Whosoever is the culprit and whatever position he is holding the culprit will not be spared," he said.
"Let it be XYZ... Law will reach to neck of the culprit," he added.
With the Surat-based textile businessman, father of the kidnapped boy, alleging involvement of a state minister in the kidnapping, the CM said "I`m interested in knowing the name."
As per media reports Sohail Hingora son of Hanif Hingora was kidnapped from Daman and by inter-state gang of criminals on October 29 and kept in hostage in Bihar from October 31 till his father paid a ransom of Rs 25 crore in Patna to free his son.
Hanif Hingora has alleged that his son was kept in house of a police officer in Saran district and a minister in the Nitish Kumar government is involved in the process.
The CM said the DGP told him that the Daman Police never contacted the Bihar police over the incident prior to revealing the incident now.
"Had they informed Bihar police earlier the state police would definitely helped them," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’