Abhayanand takes charges as Bihar DGP
Patna: Senior IPS officer Abhayanand
on Wednesday took charge as DGP of Bihar from Neelmani who retired
The oath ceremony function took place at the police
On taking charge, Abhayanand, who belongs to the 1977
batch, said he would endeavour to bring about transparency in
the functioning of the police department.
The drive against corruption will be another significant
priority of the police department during his a little over
three years` tenure as the top cop of the state, he said.
Abhayanand is also known for his contributions in social
and education sector as he was the co-founder of the Super 30
coaching institute along with mathematician Anand Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption