Abhayanand takes charges as Bihar DGP
Patna: Senior IPS officer Abhayanand
on Wednesday took charge as DGP of Bihar from Neelmani who retired
The oath ceremony function took place at the police
On taking charge, Abhayanand, who belongs to the 1977
batch, said he would endeavour to bring about transparency in
the functioning of the police department.
The drive against corruption will be another significant
priority of the police department during his a little over
three years` tenure as the top cop of the state, he said.
Abhayanand is also known for his contributions in social
and education sector as he was the co-founder of the Super 30
coaching institute along with mathematician Anand Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal