Abhayanand takes charges as Bihar DGP
Patna: Senior IPS officer Abhayanand
on Wednesday took charge as DGP of Bihar from Neelmani who retired
The oath ceremony function took place at the police
On taking charge, Abhayanand, who belongs to the 1977
batch, said he would endeavour to bring about transparency in
the functioning of the police department.
The drive against corruption will be another significant
priority of the police department during his a little over
three years` tenure as the top cop of the state, he said.
Abhayanand is also known for his contributions in social
and education sector as he was the co-founder of the Super 30
coaching institute along with mathematician Anand Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress