About 9 lakh unemployed in Bihar
Patna: Bihar government on Wednesday admitted in
the state legislative council that the number of officially
registered unemployed youths in Bihar stood at over 8.75 lakh.
Replying to a call-attention notice of Dilip Jaiswal
(BJP) in the house, Labour Resources Minister Janardan Singh
Sigriwal said there were over 8.75 lakh officially registered
unemployed with the state employment offices in 2010, a jump
of 4.39 per cent from the figure of 2009.
He said the state government has organised employment
fairs, ensured campus selection and provided jobs through
various employment bureaus from time to time to help
unemployed youths get jobs.
"We are sincere to live up to the expectations of the
youths by creating avenues for jobs," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok