About 9 lakh unemployed in Bihar
Patna: Bihar government on Wednesday admitted in
the state legislative council that the number of officially
registered unemployed youths in Bihar stood at over 8.75 lakh.
Replying to a call-attention notice of Dilip Jaiswal
(BJP) in the house, Labour Resources Minister Janardan Singh
Sigriwal said there were over 8.75 lakh officially registered
unemployed with the state employment offices in 2010, a jump
of 4.39 per cent from the figure of 2009.
He said the state government has organised employment
fairs, ensured campus selection and provided jobs through
various employment bureaus from time to time to help
unemployed youths get jobs.
"We are sincere to live up to the expectations of the
youths by creating avenues for jobs," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal kickbacks were channelled from Mauritius to India: Report
- Nokia in talks with Indian telcos over 5G networks
- Arjun Tendulkar included in U-16 West Zone team for inter-zonal tourney
- Camry Hybrid, Ciaz, Ertiga to cost less in Delhi after VAT cut
- In Pics: Remember 'Hip Hip Hurray'? This is what its star-cast looks like now!