About 9 lakh unemployed in Bihar
Patna: Bihar government on Wednesday admitted in
the state legislative council that the number of officially
registered unemployed youths in Bihar stood at over 8.75 lakh.
Replying to a call-attention notice of Dilip Jaiswal
(BJP) in the house, Labour Resources Minister Janardan Singh
Sigriwal said there were over 8.75 lakh officially registered
unemployed with the state employment offices in 2010, a jump
of 4.39 per cent from the figure of 2009.
He said the state government has organised employment
fairs, ensured campus selection and provided jobs through
various employment bureaus from time to time to help
unemployed youths get jobs.
"We are sincere to live up to the expectations of the
youths by creating avenues for jobs," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown