About 9 lakh unemployed in Bihar
Patna: Bihar government on Wednesday admitted in
the state legislative council that the number of officially
registered unemployed youths in Bihar stood at over 8.75 lakh.
Replying to a call-attention notice of Dilip Jaiswal
(BJP) in the house, Labour Resources Minister Janardan Singh
Sigriwal said there were over 8.75 lakh officially registered
unemployed with the state employment offices in 2010, a jump
of 4.39 per cent from the figure of 2009.
He said the state government has organised employment
fairs, ensured campus selection and provided jobs through
various employment bureaus from time to time to help
unemployed youths get jobs.
"We are sincere to live up to the expectations of the
youths by creating avenues for jobs," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet