About 9 lakh unemployed in Bihar
Patna: Bihar government on Wednesday admitted in
the state legislative council that the number of officially
registered unemployed youths in Bihar stood at over 8.75 lakh.
Replying to a call-attention notice of Dilip Jaiswal
(BJP) in the house, Labour Resources Minister Janardan Singh
Sigriwal said there were over 8.75 lakh officially registered
unemployed with the state employment offices in 2010, a jump
of 4.39 per cent from the figure of 2009.
He said the state government has organised employment
fairs, ensured campus selection and provided jobs through
various employment bureaus from time to time to help
unemployed youths get jobs.
"We are sincere to live up to the expectations of the
youths by creating avenues for jobs," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30