Abusive remarks: Rabri surrenders, granted bail
Chapra (Bihar): RJD leader and former
Bihar chief minister Rabri Devi Tuesday surrender before a
Chapra court in connection with a case charging her with
making abusive remarks against former state JD(U) president
Rajiv Ranjan Singh and Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
The leader of opposition in the Bihar Assembly
surrendered before the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate YN
Singh who granted her regular bail.
The court on May 6 had issued non-bailable warrant of
arrest against Rabri Devi for her alleged remarks against
Rajiv Rajan Singh alias Lalan and Kumar during electioneering
for the 2009 Lok Sabha polls at Garkha for drumming up support
for her husband and RJD chief Lalu Prasad from Saran
Sanjiv Sekhar, the then Sub-divisional officer, had
filed the case against Rabri Devi after she had made the
alleged uncharitable utterances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals
- Online application process for NEET II from today. Check www.aipmt.nic.in