ABVP activists vandalise seminar venue in Patna
Patna: Members of the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) on Saturday ransacked the venue of a seminar here, which was organised to discuss the arrest of a Delhi University professor for his alleged links with Maoists.
Shouting slogans like `Bharat Mata Ki Jai` and `Vande Mataram`, over three dozen ABVP activists forcibly entered the seminar room and damaged property.
The seminar was organised at A. N. Sinha Institute of Social Studies to discuss the arrest of GN Saibaba, a professor at Ram Lal Anand College in Delhi. He was arrested on May 09 by Maharashtra Police in Delhi for his alleged links with Maoists.
Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj said a case was lodged in this connection and police would take action against those involved in the vandalism.
ABVP activists said they staged the protest because there was no need to hold any discussion on the arrest of Saibaba.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof