ABVP activists vandalise seminar venue in Patna
Patna: Members of the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) on Saturday ransacked the venue of a seminar here, which was organised to discuss the arrest of a Delhi University professor for his alleged links with Maoists.
Shouting slogans like `Bharat Mata Ki Jai` and `Vande Mataram`, over three dozen ABVP activists forcibly entered the seminar room and damaged property.
The seminar was organised at A. N. Sinha Institute of Social Studies to discuss the arrest of GN Saibaba, a professor at Ram Lal Anand College in Delhi. He was arrested on May 09 by Maharashtra Police in Delhi for his alleged links with Maoists.
Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj said a case was lodged in this connection and police would take action against those involved in the vandalism.
ABVP activists said they staged the protest because there was no need to hold any discussion on the arrest of Saibaba.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur