AC/DC bills scam: Ruckus in Bihar Assembly over CBI probe
Patna: The opposition created ruckus in the Bihar Assembly for the second consecutive day on Thursday to press for a CBI probe in the alleged Rs 18,797.90 crore scam in AC/DC bills.
The opposition members created pandemonium in the House as soon as the Assembly began its business on the last day of the Budget Session.
Demanding a CBI probe in the alleged scam, they quoted the CAG report claiming that the state government did not settle DC bills of Rs 18,797.90 crore as against drawal of over Rs 30,000 crore against the AC bills by August 2012.
The opposition members disrupted the business of the House and raised slogans against the state government as Speaker Uday Narayan Chaudhary carried on the house business during the Question Hour and Zero Hour.
Amid the din, the treasury benches asked questions on various issues which were replied by the concerned ministers.
On finding that their protests were not cutting ice with the Speaker, the opposition members staged a walkout.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Bijendra Prasad Yadav stood up to criticise the opposition for raising "needless noise" over the CAG report for political benefits and said that the house could not discuss it(the report) as per rule.
Only Public Accounts Committee (PAC) has the power to vet the CAG report and after that it could be discussed in the Assembly, he said.
Yadav rejected the opposition demand for a CBI probe and said the central investigating agency has specialisation to deal with criminal cases and not financial matters.
He demanded that the opposition members resign from the PAC for using pejoratives like "thieves" against the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price