Accused duo in Sena chief murder case in police remand
Patna: The Special Investigation Team (SIT) on Friday took two accused persons arrested in connection with the Ranvir Sena chief Brahmeshwar Singh alias Mukhiyaji in police remand for five days for questioning.
The accused duo Sunny Singh and Ritesh alias Monu were produced by the SIT before the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) Prem Kumar Ojha at Ara in Bhojpur district with a plea for taking the duo in police remand for questioning, Additional Director General of Police (Headquarters) Ravindra Kumar said.
The court accepted the SIT`s plea and ordered the accused duo to be taken in police remand for five days, he said.
The SIT had on Thursday formally arrested Ritesh alias Monu and Sunny Singh and produced them in the CJM`s court which had sent the duo to 14 days judicial remand.
The Ranvir Sena chief was shot dead by the gunmen while he was taking stroll near his house in Khopira village under Nawada police station area in Bihar`s Bhojpur district on June 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan