Accused duo in Sena chief murder case in police remand
Patna: The Special Investigation Team (SIT) on Friday took two accused persons arrested in connection with the Ranvir Sena chief Brahmeshwar Singh alias Mukhiyaji in police remand for five days for questioning.
The accused duo Sunny Singh and Ritesh alias Monu were produced by the SIT before the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) Prem Kumar Ojha at Ara in Bhojpur district with a plea for taking the duo in police remand for questioning, Additional Director General of Police (Headquarters) Ravindra Kumar said.
The court accepted the SIT`s plea and ordered the accused duo to be taken in police remand for five days, he said.
The SIT had on Thursday formally arrested Ritesh alias Monu and Sunny Singh and produced them in the CJM`s court which had sent the duo to 14 days judicial remand.
The Ranvir Sena chief was shot dead by the gunmen while he was taking stroll near his house in Khopira village under Nawada police station area in Bihar`s Bhojpur district on June 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror