Accused duo in Sena chief murder case in police remand
Patna: The Special Investigation Team (SIT) on Friday took two accused persons arrested in connection with the Ranvir Sena chief Brahmeshwar Singh alias Mukhiyaji in police remand for five days for questioning.
The accused duo Sunny Singh and Ritesh alias Monu were produced by the SIT before the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) Prem Kumar Ojha at Ara in Bhojpur district with a plea for taking the duo in police remand for questioning, Additional Director General of Police (Headquarters) Ravindra Kumar said.
The court accepted the SIT`s plea and ordered the accused duo to be taken in police remand for five days, he said.
The SIT had on Thursday formally arrested Ritesh alias Monu and Sunny Singh and produced them in the CJM`s court which had sent the duo to 14 days judicial remand.
The Ranvir Sena chief was shot dead by the gunmen while he was taking stroll near his house in Khopira village under Nawada police station area in Bihar`s Bhojpur district on June 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?