Accused in IPS officer`s kin`s murder found dead
Patna: A man, named in the FIR in the IPS officer Ashok Kumar Gupta`s cousin Saket Kumar murder case four days ago, was found dead on railway tracks near Bahadurpur railway crossing.
The police recovered the body of Prem Singh, the accused in the murder case, late last night, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), City, Sushil Kumar said.
Singh, who runs a bear shop in the Gaighat locality did not return home last night and his family members informed the police about his body lying by the railway tracks, he said.
There were cut marks on his head and legs, Kumar said.
The body has been sent for a post-mortem and the cause of death would be ascertained only after the autopsy report was available, he said.
Kumar, a liqour trader and kin of the Bihar police housing construction corporation director Ashok Kumar Gupta, was shot dead outside the gate of Kumhrar park three days ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Bankruptcy law credit positive for banks: Moody's
- Indonesia's Mount Sinabung continues eruption
- Congress, BJP quote Mirza Ghalib to spar over Modi govt's two years in power
- Renault forays into pre-owned car biz in India
- When Luna the husky demanded belly rubs during car ride – Watch the adorable moment!