Accused in IPS officer`s kin`s murder found dead
Patna: A man, named in the FIR in the IPS officer Ashok Kumar Gupta`s cousin Saket Kumar murder case four days ago, was found dead on railway tracks near Bahadurpur railway crossing.
The police recovered the body of Prem Singh, the accused in the murder case, late last night, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), City, Sushil Kumar said.
Singh, who runs a bear shop in the Gaighat locality did not return home last night and his family members informed the police about his body lying by the railway tracks, he said.
There were cut marks on his head and legs, Kumar said.
The body has been sent for a post-mortem and the cause of death would be ascertained only after the autopsy report was available, he said.
Kumar, a liqour trader and kin of the Bihar police housing construction corporation director Ashok Kumar Gupta, was shot dead outside the gate of Kumhrar park three days ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok