Acid put in man`s eyes, fingers chopped in Bihar
Patna: A man has sustained serious injuries in Bihar after a group of people chopped off his fingers and poured acid in his eyes over a minor dispute, police said Friday.
The incident took place Thursday night in Samastipur district.
Vikas Kumar Yadav was attacked by six people, who have criminal background, after an altercation at Vanbhaur village under Bithan police station.
Yadav, in his early 20s, was admitted to a state-run hospital.
"Yadav was attacked, beaten mercilessly, his fingers chopped off and acid poured into his eyes by a group of six people over a dispute," police official Sudhir Kumar Razak said.
Razak said a first information report was lodged against six people.
"Police have begun an investigation into the case and preliminary inquiry suggests that all accused have criminal background," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says