Action against JD(U) MPs at `appropriate time`: Choudhary
Patna: The JD(U) on Friday said disciplinary action would be taken against party rebels, including MPs, at an appropriate time following their criticism of party candidates for the ongoing Bihar Assembly elections.
"We are in no hurry to initiate action against violators, including MPs, of party norms... it will be taken at an appropriate time," Bihar JD(U) president Vijay Kumar Choudhary
Some party MPs spewed venom against party candidates and policies during Assembly elections and even fielded their kins on tickets of other parties, including Congress and RJD, hampering electoral prospects of JD(U) in some constituencies.
Choudhury challenged party detractors to show at least minimum political honesty and morale courage by resigning as MPs and party functionaries on their own for the damage they had caused to the party`s candidates in the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez