Action against JD(U) MPs at `appropriate time`: Choudhary
Patna: The JD(U) on Friday said disciplinary action would be taken against party rebels, including MPs, at an appropriate time following their criticism of party candidates for the ongoing Bihar Assembly elections.
"We are in no hurry to initiate action against violators, including MPs, of party norms... it will be taken at an appropriate time," Bihar JD(U) president Vijay Kumar Choudhary
Some party MPs spewed venom against party candidates and policies during Assembly elections and even fielded their kins on tickets of other parties, including Congress and RJD, hampering electoral prospects of JD(U) in some constituencies.
Choudhury challenged party detractors to show at least minimum political honesty and morale courage by resigning as MPs and party functionaries on their own for the damage they had caused to the party`s candidates in the polls.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed