Adopt Bihar Madarsa Education Board Act: JMM
Ranchi: Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM), a
crucial ally in the BJP-led government, on Tuesday demanded
adoption of Bihar Madarsa Education Board Act, 1981 to help
minority institutions get grants.
"Approval for grant-in-aid was given only to 186
Madarsas while leaving out 592 other Madarsas and 24 Sanskrit
schools is not proper. Let the government adopt the Bihar
Madarsa Education Board, 1981 (act) till we have our own act
for these institutions," JMM leader and Deputy CM
Hemant Soren said.
"The Nitish Kumar government in Bihar has recently
approved Rs 108.20 crore as grant for 2,459 Madarsas. We are
not demanding that much grant. But we can have a physical
verification of the 592 Madarsas situated across Jharkhand and
on that basis a decision on grant to each of them could be
taken," he added.
Expressing hope that the JMM`s demand would be
included in the agenda during the next cabinet meeting, Soren
said Chief Minister Arjun Munda might announce a fresh date
tomorrow for the next cabinet meeting.
"Today`s cabinet meeting in Dumka was postponed
because officials were not ready with proper agenda, which was
necessary because when a cabinet meeting would be held in the
second capital of the state, the people of that region would
expect such announcements which would benefit them. Moreover,
several of us visited Ramdayal Munda`s Shradh ceremony today,"
Munda had reportedly said that the cabinet was
postponed as he had to attend `Shardh` ceremony of the Rajya
Sabha member and noted educationist Ramdayal Munda, who passed
away on September 30.
The JMM leader also sought to draw the attention of
the Arjun Munda-led government to announce adequate funds for
Sidho Kano University in Dumka so that the education
institution could construct permanent infrastructure for its
different faculties and "smooth payment" of salary to the
teaching and non-teaching staff.
"Recently new faculties have been announced, but there
is no infrastructure in place. The varsity`s administrative
office is functioning in the building of welfare department in
Dumka while hostels need renovation," he added.
"Dumka is the second capital of the state, therefore,
it should have a bench of Jharkhand High Court, good road
network and completion of the pending sports complex," he
He, however, rubbished media reports of any "conflict
of interests" between the BJP and the JMM within the
"No, there is nothing serious. We have raised these
issues keeping in mind that nearly 90 percent of the state
minority population stay in Santhal Pargana (comprising six
districts) and we have only drew the attention to the
28-6-2008 letter of the state government suggesting to adopt
the Bihar Madarsa Education Act, and nothing more," Soren
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25