AES confirmed as encephalitis, toll at 200
Patna: The Bihar government on Monday said that the Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES) was confirmed as encephalitis even as the toll mounted to 200 since the outbreak of the disease in May this year.
The disease was proved to be encephalitis during laboratory test of the samples of the patients, Additional Secretary (Health) R P Ojha told reporters.
Meanwhile, the toll mounted to 200 with 137 deaths reported from the SKMCH and Kejriwal charitable hospitals in Muzaffurpur, he said.
Altogether 47 children died at the PMCH in Patna and 11 at the ANMCH, while five deaths were reported from different hospitals in Vaishali district, Ojha said.
Ten districts have been declared as encephalitis-affected districts and the leave applications of doctors in all these districts cancelled in view of outbreak of the disease, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Euro 2016, Round of 16: Wales vs Northern Ireland - Preview
- Companies with UK exposure take a big knock as Brexit stumps markets
- Dutch far-right MP Wilders calls for referendum on EU
- Is the office 'cake culture' putting your health in danger?
- Gold price soars over Rs 2,000 per 10 grams as investors seek haven following Brexit