AES confirmed as encephalitis, toll at 200
Patna: The Bihar government on Monday said that the Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES) was confirmed as encephalitis even as the toll mounted to 200 since the outbreak of the disease in May this year.
The disease was proved to be encephalitis during laboratory test of the samples of the patients, Additional Secretary (Health) R P Ojha told reporters.
Meanwhile, the toll mounted to 200 with 137 deaths reported from the SKMCH and Kejriwal charitable hospitals in Muzaffurpur, he said.
Altogether 47 children died at the PMCH in Patna and 11 at the ANMCH, while five deaths were reported from different hospitals in Vaishali district, Ojha said.
Ten districts have been declared as encephalitis-affected districts and the leave applications of doctors in all these districts cancelled in view of outbreak of the disease, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown