AES confirmed as encephalitis, toll at 200
Patna: The Bihar government on Monday said that the Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES) was confirmed as encephalitis even as the toll mounted to 200 since the outbreak of the disease in May this year.
The disease was proved to be encephalitis during laboratory test of the samples of the patients, Additional Secretary (Health) R P Ojha told reporters.
Meanwhile, the toll mounted to 200 with 137 deaths reported from the SKMCH and Kejriwal charitable hospitals in Muzaffurpur, he said.
Altogether 47 children died at the PMCH in Patna and 11 at the ANMCH, while five deaths were reported from different hospitals in Vaishali district, Ojha said.
Ten districts have been declared as encephalitis-affected districts and the leave applications of doctors in all these districts cancelled in view of outbreak of the disease, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Meghalaya Board SSLC Results 2016: megresults.nic.in, www.mbose.in; Tura Result 2016, MBOSE Class 10 Examination Result 2016 to be declared today at 10 am
- Mbose.in HSSLC SSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (Megresults.nic.in) MBOSE Tura 10th 12th (Arts) board exam results 2016 to be announced today on May 25
- Mahresult.nic.in 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: Hscresult.mkcl.org MSBSHSE HSC Class 12th XII (+2) Results 2016 to be declared today on May 25 at 1 PM
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM