After Chhattisgarh Naxal attack, Maoists abduct seven labourers in Bihar
Zee Media Bureau
Jamui: Two days after the deadly Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh, a group of armed rebels of the outfit on Friday abducted seven labourers in the Jamui district of Bihar, cops said.
Avoiding even the Home Minister`s warning that the National Investigation Agency will probe into the Maoist attack on Tuesday in which 15 security men and a civilian were killed in a thickly-forested area of Chhattisgarh, the labourers in Jamui, engaged in lifting sand from a river bed, were kidnapped from near Navinagar village, about 200 km from here.
Condemning the Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh, Shinde had said that the attack was on the CRPF team which was going to ensure access to road during the upcoming General Elections. There will be no change in election dates because of the attack, added Shinde. He further vowed to avenge this attack and promised detailed investigation into the security lapses.
However, repeating their attacks on the civilians, Maoists today abducted the labourers.
Superintendent of Police Jitendra Rana said: "A team of security forces, including the CRPF, is on work to rescue them," an IANS report said.
Rana said the Maoists also torched two poclain machines engaged in digging and lifting sand from the river bed.
Police suspect the workers were abducted because they refused to pay the levy demanded by the Maoists.
Jamui is considered a Maoist stronghold.
Yesterday, two Naxals, wanted in connection with the last year`s Jeerum valley attack in which several state Congress leaders were killed were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened