After IAS rejig, Nitish govt reshuffles IPS office
Patna: The Nitish Kumar government on Wednesday effected a reshuffle in the state police department by shifting out eight SPs, including those at Saran and Khagaria who were recently in news for the mid-day meal tragedy and the train accident, respectively.
The rejig in the police department comes a day after the Bihar government transferred 25 IAS officers, including 12 district magistrates.
According to a late evening notification issued by the state Home department, IG (CID) Vinay Kumar has been given additional charge of Provisions while DIG (Magadh range), NH Khan, has been relieved to be allowed to leave on central deputation.
Purnea range DIG BS Meena will replace Khan as the Magadh DIG while DIG (Special Branch) Paras Nath will be the new Purnea DIG.
SSP (Gaya) Ganesh Kumar has been relieved to join a new assignment with the central intelligence bureau. Nalanda SP Nishant Kumar Tiwari will be the new Gaya SSP with Buxar SP Shiv Mohan Jain set to take his place in Nalanda, the home district of the CM.
Meanwhile, Saran SP Sujit Kumar has been transfered and attached with the state police chief. Samastipur SP Varun Kumar Sinha will be the new Saran SP. Twenty-three children at a school in the district were recently killed after they consumed poisonous food served as part of the mid-day meal.
Also, Khagaria SP Shiv Kumar Jha has been transferred to Bihar Military Police. His place will be taken by Deepak Barnwal, who was waiting for posting.
Khagaria had witnessed the mowing down of 28 devotees by Saharsa-Patna Rajya Rani Express following which an angry mob had set train coaches on fire at a local railway station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants Aamir, Salman, Shah Rukh Khan to support her
- Indian Naval Ships Veer, Nipat to be decommissioned today