After IAS rejig, Nitish govt reshuffles IPS office
Patna: The Nitish Kumar government on Wednesday effected a reshuffle in the state police department by shifting out eight SPs, including those at Saran and Khagaria who were recently in news for the mid-day meal tragedy and the train accident, respectively.
The rejig in the police department comes a day after the Bihar government transferred 25 IAS officers, including 12 district magistrates.
According to a late evening notification issued by the state Home department, IG (CID) Vinay Kumar has been given additional charge of Provisions while DIG (Magadh range), NH Khan, has been relieved to be allowed to leave on central deputation.
Purnea range DIG BS Meena will replace Khan as the Magadh DIG while DIG (Special Branch) Paras Nath will be the new Purnea DIG.
SSP (Gaya) Ganesh Kumar has been relieved to join a new assignment with the central intelligence bureau. Nalanda SP Nishant Kumar Tiwari will be the new Gaya SSP with Buxar SP Shiv Mohan Jain set to take his place in Nalanda, the home district of the CM.
Meanwhile, Saran SP Sujit Kumar has been transfered and attached with the state police chief. Samastipur SP Varun Kumar Sinha will be the new Saran SP. Twenty-three children at a school in the district were recently killed after they consumed poisonous food served as part of the mid-day meal.
Also, Khagaria SP Shiv Kumar Jha has been transferred to Bihar Military Police. His place will be taken by Deepak Barnwal, who was waiting for posting.
Khagaria had witnessed the mowing down of 28 devotees by Saharsa-Patna Rajya Rani Express following which an angry mob had set train coaches on fire at a local railway station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India