After mishap, RJD demands probe into neglect of Lalu Prasad`s security
Patna: RJD on Monday demanded a high-level inquiry into the Friday night`s accident of party chief Lalu Prasad and accused the Bihar government of neglecting security of the former state chief minister.
"Prasad enjoys Z Plus security. Despite this he was not given any police escort though the DM and SP of Vaishali were given prior intimation of his visit to the district," Leader of Opposition in Bihar Assembly Abdul Bari Siddiqui told reporters here.
There should have been an ambulance in the convoy but unfortunately there was none, he said.
"Nobody from state police headquarter or local police went to check about the accident or met Prasad to collect information about it," Siddiqui said, and charged the Bihar government with neglecting security of RJD chief.
The state government should own moral responsibility for the accident and order an inquiry, he said.
"The guilty officials should be taken to task and steps should be taken to ensure that such things does not happen in future," he said.
Prasad had sustained injuries on his head and face when the windshield of his car broke and shards of glass hit him when he was crossing a bridge near Kachchi Dargah on way to Raghopur in Vaishali district.
The vehicle got stuck in the middle of the bridge and due to a sudden jerk, the windshield broke. Shards of glass then hit Prasad who was sitting on the front seat.
The RJD chief was taken to a private hospital where doctors discharged him after two stitches.
Without mentioning Prasad`s name earlier in the day, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said a person sitting in the front seat should fasten seat belt as per traffic rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video