After mishap, RJD demands probe into neglect of Lalu Prasad`s security
Patna: RJD on Monday demanded a high-level inquiry into the Friday night`s accident of party chief Lalu Prasad and accused the Bihar government of neglecting security of the former state chief minister.
"Prasad enjoys Z Plus security. Despite this he was not given any police escort though the DM and SP of Vaishali were given prior intimation of his visit to the district," Leader of Opposition in Bihar Assembly Abdul Bari Siddiqui told reporters here.
There should have been an ambulance in the convoy but unfortunately there was none, he said.
"Nobody from state police headquarter or local police went to check about the accident or met Prasad to collect information about it," Siddiqui said, and charged the Bihar government with neglecting security of RJD chief.
The state government should own moral responsibility for the accident and order an inquiry, he said.
"The guilty officials should be taken to task and steps should be taken to ensure that such things does not happen in future," he said.
Prasad had sustained injuries on his head and face when the windshield of his car broke and shards of glass hit him when he was crossing a bridge near Kachchi Dargah on way to Raghopur in Vaishali district.
The vehicle got stuck in the middle of the bridge and due to a sudden jerk, the windshield broke. Shards of glass then hit Prasad who was sitting on the front seat.
The RJD chief was taken to a private hospital where doctors discharged him after two stitches.
Without mentioning Prasad`s name earlier in the day, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said a person sitting in the front seat should fasten seat belt as per traffic rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video