`Agri roadmap to script new story of growth`
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday asserted that the new agriculture roadmap to be implemented from April would script a new story for Bihar`s all-round growth between 2012 and 2022.
Addressing a farmers congregation, Kumar said, "after
holding consultations on the draft and seeking opinions of
experts, the agriculture roadmap would script a new story for
Bihar`s pledge for development with justice".
Kumar said the first agriculture roadmap was implemented
in Bihar between 2008 and 2012 under which several schemes
like seed extension scheme, seed gram scheme, thrust on
bio-farming and use of agriculture equipment were launched.
"Now the new agriculture roadmap which will come out
after intensive exercise would be implemented for five years
between 2012 and 2017 but the state government wanted that it
should have a broad road map for the next ten years.
"The new agriculture roadmap will prove to be a milestone
by ensuring rainbow revolution. We will be laying thrust on
increasing production and productivity," he said.
After fine-tuning the agriculture roadmap, it was
estimated that around Rs 1.52 lakh crore would be spent
between 2012 and 2022 on its implementation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015