`Agri roadmap to script new story of growth`
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday asserted that the new agriculture roadmap to be implemented from April would script a new story for Bihar`s all-round growth between 2012 and 2022.
Addressing a farmers congregation, Kumar said, "after
holding consultations on the draft and seeking opinions of
experts, the agriculture roadmap would script a new story for
Bihar`s pledge for development with justice".
Kumar said the first agriculture roadmap was implemented
in Bihar between 2008 and 2012 under which several schemes
like seed extension scheme, seed gram scheme, thrust on
bio-farming and use of agriculture equipment were launched.
"Now the new agriculture roadmap which will come out
after intensive exercise would be implemented for five years
between 2012 and 2017 but the state government wanted that it
should have a broad road map for the next ten years.
"The new agriculture roadmap will prove to be a milestone
by ensuring rainbow revolution. We will be laying thrust on
increasing production and productivity," he said.
After fine-tuning the agriculture roadmap, it was
estimated that around Rs 1.52 lakh crore would be spent
between 2012 and 2022 on its implementation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!