Ahead of BJP-JD(U) ‘split’, Sushil Modi stops attending office
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: With reports of deteriorating relationship between NDA allies, BJP and JD(U), it has been reported that Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar, Sushil Kumar Modi has stopped attending office.
As per reports on Thursday, Sushil Modi has not been attending to any files for the past two days. At the same time, an emergency meeting of Bihar BJP unit also took place.
Meanwhile, BJP president Rajnath Singh is expected to visit Patna on 23 June.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s elevation by the BJP as the party’s poll panel chief has led to a growing discomfort between the two NDA allies. According to the things as they stand now, a split is said to be imminent between BJP and JD(U).
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has been against any sort of projection by the BJP to name Narendra Modi as the party’s and NDA’s prime ministerial candidate. Infact, the JD(U) has said on record that they would have no problem if the octogenarian BJP leader LK Advani was chosen for the top job.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'