AK-47 and ammunition seized from Maoist training camp in Bihar
Patna: In a joint operation, the police and CRPF on Saturday raided a Maoist training camp in Jamui district of Bihar and seized arms and ammunition, police said.
An AK-47, 212 cartridges, wireless sets, electronic detonators and a huge quantity of ration was seized from the camp, Jamui Superintendent of Police Upendra Prasad Singh said.
"When our men reached the place, the camp was found abandoned. It seems the Maoists fled after noticing the movement of forces. Apart from AK-47, ammunition and ration, Rs 66,000 has also been recovered from the spot," the SP said.
Singh said the three-day operation was based on intelligence inputs about a training camp being run by the Maoists in the hilly and forested areas under Khaira police station of the district.
Jamui bordering Jharkhand is a stronghold of ultra-left cadre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you