AK-47 and ammunition seized from Maoist training camp in Bihar
Patna: In a joint operation, the police and CRPF on Saturday raided a Maoist training camp in Jamui district of Bihar and seized arms and ammunition, police said.
An AK-47, 212 cartridges, wireless sets, electronic detonators and a huge quantity of ration was seized from the camp, Jamui Superintendent of Police Upendra Prasad Singh said.
"When our men reached the place, the camp was found abandoned. It seems the Maoists fled after noticing the movement of forces. Apart from AK-47, ammunition and ration, Rs 66,000 has also been recovered from the spot," the SP said.
Singh said the three-day operation was based on intelligence inputs about a training camp being run by the Maoists in the hilly and forested areas under Khaira police station of the district.
Jamui bordering Jharkhand is a stronghold of ultra-left cadre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Anxious mother fox waits while men work to rescue her trapped cub– Watch the emotional moment!
- Attention Malaika! Hubby Arbaaz Khan is all set to romance Sunny Leone on reel
- Fallujah offensive against Iraq: Five things you need to know about
- Prime Minister wishes Goans on statehood day
- IPL 2016: Hilarious! When Umar Akmal congratulated David Warner-led SRH for winning Pakistan Super League