Alert train driver averts accident in Bihar
Sasaram (Bihar): A major train tragedy was
averted today when the driver of Howrah-bound Kalka Mail
detected smoke billowing out of the engine near Dehri railway
station in Bihar`s Rohtas district.
The alert driver promptly informed the railway station
officials and cautiously drove the train till it reached
Dehri, station manager Adil Khalifa said.
An alternative engine was sent from Mughalsarai railway
station and attached to the train before it left for its
onward journey three hours later, he said.
Praising the driver for his alertness in preventing the
mishap, Khalifa said a probe into the fire is underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal