Alert train driver averts accident in Bihar
Sasaram (Bihar): A major train tragedy was
averted today when the driver of Howrah-bound Kalka Mail
detected smoke billowing out of the engine near Dehri railway
station in Bihar`s Rohtas district.
The alert driver promptly informed the railway station
officials and cautiously drove the train till it reached
Dehri, station manager Adil Khalifa said.
An alternative engine was sent from Mughalsarai railway
station and attached to the train before it left for its
onward journey three hours later, he said.
Praising the driver for his alertness in preventing the
mishap, Khalifa said a probe into the fire is underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'