Alert train driver averts accident in Bihar
Sasaram (Bihar): A major train tragedy was
averted today when the driver of Howrah-bound Kalka Mail
detected smoke billowing out of the engine near Dehri railway
station in Bihar`s Rohtas district.
The alert driver promptly informed the railway station
officials and cautiously drove the train till it reached
Dehri, station manager Adil Khalifa said.
An alternative engine was sent from Mughalsarai railway
station and attached to the train before it left for its
onward journey three hours later, he said.
Praising the driver for his alertness in preventing the
mishap, Khalifa said a probe into the fire is underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- 150 soldiers, 2 canines - Bravehearts who rescued Lance Naik Koppad from Siachen Glacier