All 682 candidates withdraw nomination in Gaya`s Dumaria block
Gaya: All 682 candidates for various
posts in the ensuing panchayat polls in nine panchayats under
Dumaria block in Bihar`s Gaya district on Wednesday withdrew their
nomination apparently giving in to the naxalites call for poll
boycott, official sources said on Wednesday.
The candidates have withdrawn their nomination on
their own free will, Dumaria`s Block Development Officer (BDO)
Anil Kumar said.
He, however, could not explain the reason behind
withdrawal of all candidates from the forthcoming panchayat
polls in the panchayats under Dumaria block.
The candidates, who withdrew their candidature,
included 218 for the post of panchs, 248 for ward members, 133
for panchayat committees and 83 for mukhias.
While all 682 candidates in fray for various posts in
nine panchayats have withdrawn their candidature, no candidate
had filed nomination for any post in two panchayats - Sahchar
and Mangia - under Dumaria block.
It may be mentioned that the proscribed naxal outfit,
the CPI(Maoists), has given a boycott call of the panchayat
polls and has put up banners and posters at several places to
remind the people and prospective candidates about its
In the past, the CPI(Maoists) ultras had assaulted the
candidates and their kins for their participation in the
Incidentally, Dumaria block falls under Imamganj
assembly seat being represented by the Speaker Uday Narayan
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists